Ryan Murphy's American Equality Story: The Showrunner's TV Directors Are More Than 50 Percent Female Now
The 'American Horror Story' creator will receive THR's inaugural Equity in Entertainment Award at the Women in Entertainment Power 100 breakfast for his 10-month-old Half foundation.
Grammys: Beyonce Leads With 9 Nominations, Competes With Adele in Top Categories
The 59th annual Grammy Awards will take place on Feb. 12, 2017.
Grammys: Ariana Grande, Kelly Clarkson and More Artists React to Scoring Nominations
"My heart is falling out of my ass."
A Dark, Tangled "Tango": Brando, Bertolucci and the Question of an Actor's Consent
An art-house sensation that opened amid the height of 'porno chic,' the 1972 film "Last Tango in Paris" caused an international uproar. Now, 44 years later, major Hollywood figures like Jessica Chastain and Ava DuVernay are suggesting the director and 'Godfather' star are guilty of raping a young Maria Schneider.
- Will Ferrell to Star as Competitive Gamer in Comedy
- 'The Mummy': Will It Feature the Monster Audiences Are Expecting?
- Omarosa: I'm Black, Female, and Donald Trump Is My Friend (Guest Column)
- What to Do With Pussy (the Word, That Is) After Trump's Election
- Grammys: Snubs and Surprises Include David Bowie, Alessia Cara and Beyonce in Rock
- Time Warner CEO Jeffrey Bewkes Says Democrats Were Bigger First Amendment Threat Than Trump
Never miss a story. Stay up-to-date with THR's Today in Entertainment newsletter.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Interviews Denzel Washington and Viola Davis on Race, Family and 'Fences' in the Trump Era
Actress Roundtable: Emma Stone, Natalie Portman, Taraji P. Henson and 4 More on Stage Fright, Onscreen Rape and How to Research Playing a Crack Addict
Megyn Kelly Gets Candid: "Dangerous" Roger Ailes, Her Trump Saga, That Offer and Why She Won't Call Herself a Feminist
'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Teaser Tops 81 Million Views in 24 Hours
The trailer becomes Marvel's biggest teaser ever and is the second-most-watched trailer of any kind after 'Captain America: Civil War.'
- 'The Circle' Trailer: Tom Hanks Preaches Complete Technological Transparency to Emma Watson
- How a Refugee Comedy Became Germany's Sleeper Hit of 2016
- Laurence Fishburne, Grace Gummer Joining Daniel Radcliffe in 'Beast of Burden' (Exclusive)
- 'Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country' — THR's 1991 Review
- Matthias Schoenaerts, Jeremy Irons Joining Jennifer Lawrence in 'Red Sparrow' (Exclusive)
- Tony Revolori to Star in Terrorism Thriller 'Exchanged'
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer Hits DC Where It Hurts
- Ontario Touts "Stable" Hollywood Movie Tax Credit After Chop
- Megan Ellison to Get PGA's 2017 Visionary Award
- Appeals Court Reviews Lawsuit Claiming 'The Purge' Was Stolen
Courtney B. Vance-Felicity Huffman Comedy Picked Up to Pilot at ABC
Mario Van Peebles Drama 'Superstition' Scores Syfy Series Order
MTV and VH1 Set New Unscripted Team Under Nina L. Diaz (Exclusive)
'Westworld': Looking Ahead at Season 2's Expanding World
'Duck Dynasty' Producers Put on Leave at ITV Amid Fraud Investigation (Exclusive)
'Gilmore Girls' Revival: Rory's "Very Forgettable" Boyfriend Paul Speaks
'Westworld' Showrunners Explain Violent Finale, Set Up Season 2's Expanding World
'Westworld' Star Evan Rachel Wood Talks "Evil" Dolores Twist, Season 2
'This Is Us' Star Milo Ventimiglia Previews "Bloody" Christmas Midseason Finale
Explosive New 'Celebrity Apprentice' Poster Burns Old Boardroom to the Ground
'Westworld' Star Explains Tragic Finale Reveal, Season 2 Status
'Westworld' Finale Ends With a Bang, Sets Up Broader World for Season 2
AT&T CEO Hopeful for Regulation Under Trump, Touts Strong Demand for DirecTV Now
Randall Stephenson tells the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference that the new streaming service hit its undisclosed December subscriber forecast on its first day.
Verizon CEO Talks AT&T-Time Warner, Content Strategy
At the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference in New York, Lowell McAdam was also asked about the regulatory outlook under a Trump administration.
Charter Doesn't Need to Buy a Content Company to Be Competitive, CEO Says
Tom Rutledge also tells the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference in New York that the Trump administration should bring regulatory "relief."
Longtime UTA Publicity Chief Chris Day to Exit
His 17-year tenure has been one of the longest for any talent agency communications head.
- Tech Exec Yu Yongfu Named CEO of Alibaba Pictures
- Rolling Stone Asks Judge to Toss Jury's Defamation Verdict
- Childish Gambino Signs With WME
- Viacom CEO Denies Interest in Buying Vice Media Stake
- Sky Executive Touts Original Programming, Says Firm Is "Partner of Choice" for Content Companies
- N.Y. Times Nabs Over 200,000 New Digital-Only Subscriptions Since Election Day, CEO Says
- Netflix Content Chief Ted Sarandos Takes Shot at Amazon Studios: They Aren't "Gaining Much Traction"
Actor Roundtable: Jeff Bridges, Casey Affleck and 4 More on "Brutal" Superhero Roles, Dream Second Careers
Six contenders — also including Mahershala Ali, Andrew Garfield, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Dev Patel — on what it takes to play a real-life person, making a drug dealer likable, turning down parts and the agony of acting: "The very thing you love is the thing you hate."
Oscars: Jimmy Kimmel Pick a Sign of ABC Flexing Its Muscles in Wake of New Academy Deal
THR's awards analyst says the extension to ABC's TV rights deal with the Academy, reached back in August, may have come with an implicit understanding that the network's late-night star finally would get his shot.
'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Adam Driver ('Paterson' and 'Silence')
The 33-year-old discusses why he joined the Marines after 9/11, how he wound up at Juilliard, why he almost passed on 'Girls' and 'Star Wars,' and what drew him to the indie 'Paterson,' for which he has been voted best actor of 2016 by the Los Angeles Film Critics Association.
Feinberg Forecast: The Dust Settles After a Jam-Packed First Week of December
THR's awards analyst sorts through the debris in the wake of several big announcements (Critics' Choice noms, National Board of Review winners, critics groups' picks from both coasts) and the first screenings of 'Silence.'
- Hailee Steinfeld to Host and Perform at Billboard Women In Music 2016
- WGA TV Nominations Include 'Westworld,' 'This Is Us' and 'Stranger Things'
- Billboard Music Awards 2017 Show Date Announced
- Oscars: Why Fake News Concerns Shouldn't Bother Hollywood
This Week’s Issue
Race, Family and the Trump Era
Denzel Washington and Viola Davis bring 'Fences,' the 'King Lear' of African-American plays, to film as a 33-year-old piece of art about "this tyrannical cycle" of prejudice in America takes on sudden urgency.
- Will Amazon Go Global to Challenge Netflix?
- Inside Steven Mnuchin's Hit-and-Miss Path From Hollywood to Treasury Secretary Pick
- Meet Steven Mnuchin's Actress-Author Fiancee
- MTV's New Chief on His Strategy to Lure Millennials
- 'Rogue One' Writer Tony Gilroy to Make Millions Off Reshoots
Fashion Awards 2016: Red-Carpet Arrivals
Lady Gaga, Gigi Hadid, Karlie Kloss and Jared Leto were among the famous faces showing their support for the industry's top designers at the awards ceremony in London.
Sheer, Short and Shiny: The Best Looks From the Victoria's Secret Afterparty
2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Paris Hair & Makeup and Backstage
About Last Night: Rihanna Goes Sporty in Fenty x Puma; Katy Perry's Winter White
Hollywood Hearts Dior
Haute (Hollywood) Holidays
All the Looks from Marion Cotillard's 'Allied' Press Tour
Exclusive Portraits of Rachel McAdams, Tracee Ellis Ross and More With Their Beauty Experts
Why Familiar Faces Chance the Rapper, Anderson .Paak Lead Best New Artist Grammy Noms
The chart-toppers are both having banner years and, despite their name recognition, will compete as newcomers to the Grammys.
Grammys: Sara Bareilles, Steve Martin Score Nominations for Broadway Musicals
Grammys Set Beyonce-Adele Showdown as Voters Embrace Pop Over Rock in Top Categories
'The Voice': Top 8 Sing Duets During Semifinals
James Corden Asks Madonna to "Kiss and Tell" in "Carpool Karaoke" Preview
Madonna Does Provocative Interview With Elizabeth Banks on Everything From the Election to Ageism
Lady Gaga Reveals She Suffers from PTSD: "I've Never Told Anyone That Before"
Chart: Hot 100
Rae Sremmurd Featuring Gucci Mane
The Weeknd Featuring Daft Punk
The Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey
Side To Side
Ariana Grande Featuring Nicki Minaj
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Fantastic Beasts' Star Alison Sudol Goes From Indie Musician to Mind-Reading Witch
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: Joe Alwyn, From Film Student to Star of 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
Hollywood's Next Big Thing: 'Good Girls Revolt' Star Genevieve Angelson Is Really Just a "Free-Love Hippie"
'The Babylon Line': Theater Review
Josh Radnor plays a reluctant writing teacher and Elizabeth Reaser his most gifted student in Richard Greenberg's memory play exploring the power and mysteries of storytelling in a time of social change.
'Merrily We Roll Along': Theater Review
Wayne Brady stars in this revival of the troubled Stephen Sondheim-Harold Prince collaboration, a showbiz musical that has long bedeviled audiences and experts alike.
'The Bodyguard': Theater Review
R&B star Deborah Cox headlines this musical adaptation of the hit 1992 Kevin Costner-Whitney Houston film, featuring 16 songs originally recorded by the late singer.
'Dear Evan Hansen': Theater Review
Ben Platt stars as a painfully insecure teenage outsider whose life is transformed by an inadvertent lie in this new emo-musical with a score by 'La La Land' lyricists Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.
'A Bronx Tale': Theater Review
Robert De Niro and Jerry Zaks co-direct this musical version of Chazz Palminteri's one-man play about growing up in an Italian-American neighborhood, also turned into a 1993 film.
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Advances Broadway Plans
- SeaWorld Cutting 320 Jobs in Restructuring After Attendance, Revenue Have Suffered in Face of Animal-Rights Campaign
- BAFTA Los Angeles Launches Access for All Campaign
Donald Trump Invites Tech Leaders to Policy Summit (Report)
Trump adviser Peter Thiel signed the invitation alongside Reince Priebus and Jared Kushner.
Election, Olympics and Pokemon Go Top Twitter Trends of the Year
#Trump ranked No. 8 in top 10 global trending topics and a Hillary Clinton quote was one of the most shared tweets of the year.
AOL CEO Tim Armstrong "Cautiously Optimistic" Yahoo Acquisition Will Happen
The $4.8 billion deal hit a setback when Yahoo revealed a widespread hack affecting 500 million users.
YouTube Plans Christmas Special Starring Mariah Carey, Rudy Mancuso
'The Keys of Christmas' will feature performances by Ciara, DJ Khaled and Fifth Harmony.
- CBS and NFL Agree to Stream Football on All Access
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Firm Osterhout Design Group Raises $58 Million
- HBO, Cinemax Subscriptions Now Available Through Amazon